December 7, 2018 was a pretty big day in the Mueller investigation.
Manafort sentencing memo.
Manafort had a cooperating agreement with Mueller, lied to prosecutors, and shared the lies with Trump.
This is on top of the Cohen pleading guilty last week to lying to Congress. Trump most likely knew about that as well. Think about that, the President of the U.S. was in contact and working with a known Federal criminal lying to Federal prosecutors. And, Cohen lied to Congress for Trump. Richard Nixon was impeached for less.
What did he lie about? Manafort lied about talking with Trump, and talking with Russian operatives. Wow. Manafort was caught talking to both. The go between?
In this document, we learned, or confirmed…
- Manafort breached his cooperation agreement.
- He lied to Federal agents after his cooperation agreement about interactions with Konstantin Kilimnik. Specifically, that he and Kilmnik conspired together in witness tampering from Feb-Apr 2018. Specifically telling two other witness’ to tell the same lie they told about spying on America, in America.
- He lied about count 2 of preceding
- He lied about a $125k wire transfer in an attempt to hide work paid for by an unknown to us entity (Trump?).
- He lied about information regarding another case. This one is funny because he told so many lies he couldn’t keep his lies straight. Prosecutors literally showed him his own testimony to refresh his memory after he was caught switching lies a third time.
- He was in contact with Trump administration officials well into 2018 likely telling them what he knew and was saying. He did this many times. Mueller gives a specific example in which Manafort authorizes someone to speak to the administration on his behalf on May 26, 2018.
- Manafort was charged with crimes spreading from 2008 through 2018.
- Manafort met with Mueller 12 times (3 times prior to the agreement), and testified twice to a grand jury.
SDNY Cohen sentencing Document.
In this Southern District of New York document we learned that Cohen plead guilty to Federal crimes at the direction of Trump. If Trump had lost the election, Trump would have been charged along with Cohen for these Federal crimes, but because he’s president, he is not being charged. See page 12 of criminal indictment document. The charging document said Cohen did not cooperate with the SDNY as much as he should have. As an attorney, he is held to a higher standard. The charging document said he acted with a criminal mindset.
TRUMP COMMITTED FEDERAL CRIMES!!! Wow, on this day Trump said the big news “cleared him”, but, like usual, it’s the opposite. Federal prosecutors concluded that the sitting President of the United States committed Federal crimes.
Think about this. The President of the U.S. conspired with Cohen to trick voters in the 2016 election. Would he have won if his voters knew he did this? As Americans, do we want fair elections? Blagojevich is in prison for 12 years for far less!!!!!
In this document, we learned…
- He gave Mueller good corroborated information despite having no cooperation agreement.
- He committed tax evasion.
- He lied to a financial institution.
- At the direction of Trump, he broke Federal campaign financing laws to defraud the American voter.
- He lied to congress. Trump knew, and did not come forward. (Nixon was impeached for the same offense.)
- We learned that Cohen worked directly for Trump from 2007 to Jan 2017 after Cohen proved himself. Trump was being evicted from a building. Cohen got the entire board of directors removed fixing the problem from Trump. This is when Cohen went from making $75/year to $500k/year from Trump. From Jan 2017 through ???, Cohen no longer worked directly for Trump but ran his own firm and was a “personal lawyer” of Trump.
- We learned that Cohen, not Trump, started selling access to Trump in Jan 2017. He made millions, but provided little.
- From page 37, we learn that Cohen believed he would get a pardon if he stuck with Trump making him above the law.
A quote from page 23 of the SDNY sentencing document…
“Cohen’s commission of two campaign finance crimes on the eve of the 2016 election for President of the United States struck a blow to one of the core goals of the federal campaign finance laws: transparency. While many Americans who desired a particular outcome to the election knocked on doors, toiled at phone banks, or found any number of other legal ways to make their voices heard, Cohen sought to influence the election from the shadows. He did so by orchestrating secret and illegal payments to silence two women who otherwise would have made public their alleged extramarital affairs with [Trump]. In the process, Cohen deceived the voting public by hiding alleged facts that he believed would have had a substantial effect on the election.
It is this type of harm that Congress sought to prevent when it imposed limits on individual contributions to candidates.”
Cohen fancied himself a fixer like the fictional character Ray Donovan on Showtime. From page 32 regarding late 2015…
“…Cohen threatened a journalist for investigating a negative story about [Trump], telling him:
‘I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny ou still don’t have. And Iwill come after your [employer] and everybody else that you possibly know….So I’m warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?'”2018-12-07-SDNY-Cohen-sentencing-memo
Mueller’s Cohen Sentencing Document
In this Mueller document we learned the new fact that Trump conspired with Russia as early as Nov 2015. A Russian national who claimed ties to the Kremlin told Michael Cohen, Trump’s personal attorney, that Trump can rely on the Russian government for both Trump’s business and political prospects. They discussed “synergy” which is another word for collusion and conspiracy.
We also learned that Trump was set to get hundreds of millions of dollars from Putin for the Trump Tower meeting. Today’s document shows Mueller has evidence supporting this. Mueller has the Trump Tower meeting evidence.
In this document, we learned…
- Cohen joined the Trump campaign on June 16, 2015.
- Cohen with the coordination with and at the direction of Trump, worked to hide Trump affairs from voters both defrauding the American voter and breaking Federal Campaign laws.
- On Aug 5, 2016 Cohen, Trump, and David Pecker of AMI, the National Enquirer, entered an agreement to pay McDougal $150k to catch and kill her story. They conspired to break campaign finance laws and defraud the American voter.
- On Oct 27, 2016 Cohen, and Trump paid Stormy Daniels $130k after Stormy contacted a magazine and was about to publish. After the election, Cohen gave the Trump Org a copy of the $130k wire transfer as proof he paid it to Stormy so he could get reimbursed.
- He lied about the links between Moscow Trump Tower and Trump. He said they stopped pursuing Moscow Trump Tower before the Iowa caucus in Jan 2016. His lies to Congress were “deliberate and premeditated.” He then spread those lies publicly. He coordinated publicly at the U.S. Capital and released prepared opening statements for other witnesses to see.
- If Trump would have completed the Moscow Trump Tower, Trump would have made millions from Russia. (Russia knows this and has “kompromat”on the President.)
- Cohen spoke directly with Putin’s press secretary.
- He specifically shifted the timeline back in an attempt to prevent Mueller from finding out that Trump conspired, colluded, with Russia to throw the 2016 Presidential Election to Trump.
- He and Trump committed voter fraud when they lied to voters that Trump has no dealings in Russia.
- He made false statements to congress and to the Special Council.
- He admitted to ongoing communication between the Trump Organization and Russia during the campaign.
- Cohen, Trump, the Trump Campaign, and the Trump Organization reached out to Russia multiple times seeking to collude. Russia responded that they are willing to conspire with them to throw the 2016 election to Trump. They described the help as “political synergy”.
- Cohen had multiple contacts with Russia that were direct to Putin.
- Cohen did NOT follow up with the “political synergy” guy above because he had “other” better contacts.
- Cohen gave Mueller evidence on Russian-Trump Campaign conspiracy, collusion, with Trump, Trump Jr., Ivanka, and maybe Erik. Cohen worked closely with these Trump Organization executives.
- Cohen was in close contact with the White House through 2017 and 2018. (We do not yet know what this means.)
- Mueller verified the Moscow Trump Tower information above with corroborating evidence. (Meaning, Mueller already had the goods.)
- Cohen met with Mueller 7 times. Starting with meeting 2, his lies stopped, but Mueller verified each relevant statement.